Acai Bowls That Won't Make You Fat
Acai Bowls: The happy and healthy breakfast promoting weight loss & muscle building!
I don't know what it is, but when I start my morning off with a homemade acai bowl, all just becomes right with the world. When made correctly, these power-packed bowls give you just the right amount of energy, protein and nutrients to start your day.
Many of the bowls you can buy at various juice and smoothie shops around the world come stacked with extra sugars and carbs to give it that elevated taste that really is unnecessary especially if you are eating these with the intention making a healthy, well-balanced choice that supports weight loss. Acai bowls should not taste like full on sugary dessert, people. Embrace the beauty of the natural fruit!
So because we all aspire to be the fit girl, here's my recipe that is proven to help keep me full, focused and support my weight loss and weight training goals.
Acai Bowl Base:
- Frozen Fruit Medley (cherries, strawberries, blueberries, kale)
- 3/4 cup Chobani non-fat plain greek yogurt
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1 T flax seeds
- 1 T freeze dried acai powder
- 1/4 cup steel cut oats
- enough water to make it blend (but you want it to be thick)
- sliced strawberries or bananas
- granola (light on granola, make sure there is no added sugar)
- sliced almonds
- chia seeds
- coconut flakes (optional, I just love coconut)
Following this recipe will give you around 26 grams of protein, give and take and a healthy amount of complex carbs for energy. Drink a full glass of water, eat this acai bowl and get ready to kick the day's ass!